Error Traffic Controller
Freemind's 'Error Traffic Controller' allows software developers to easily record and manage application error conditions. ETC provides plugins for ASP.NET (web forms and MVC) to enable error capture with little or no code changes. For complete control developers can interact with the ETC REST Web Service API. A powerful and intuitive web UI provides monitoring, reporting, and management functions. ETC allows your development team focus on supporting your core business.
We are targeting software developers, application support, and quality assurance professionals. This tool can be plugged into existing applications with little or no effort. Consulting and hosting companies can leverage it to manage applications they develop or host for clients.
ETC is most interesting to software development companies that are looking to improve application availability, improve hosting capabilities, and focus on their core business activities.
We need a nice logo that is easy to recognize, works in several sizes. We're looking to convey RELIABILITY and WARMTH.
The product is named "Error Traffic Controller" - abbreviated "ETC".
Some ideas to start:
* tie in with air traffic control concepts
* stylized air traffic control towers
* stylized air traffic controller guy (cartoony?)
Sites we like:
* Cappucino: http://cappuccino.org/
* Doing Text: http://doingtext.com/
* FreelanceSwitch: http://freelanceswitch.com/
* JRuby: http://www.jruby.org/
* http://hoptoadapp.com (competitor)
* http://freemind.net (our current website for consulting business)
* Stackoverflow: http://www.stackoverflow.com/
What we probably do not like:
* Just playing with the letters ETC. We do not know, if the letters should be part of the logo. It would be more flexible to use without letters or the full product name.
* No animals in logo
Colors: We're not set on color yet.
Misc: A modern Web 2.0-like design is appreciated because the logo will appear mostly on the web. Additionally the logo should work without or little text.
Format: Open formats preferred - SVG (Should work w/Inkscape or other free tools). PNG and JPG previews are ok.No fonts that have to be purchased or licensed separately. Standard fonts and free fonts are ok.