GibraltarSoftware.com is a software development tool company. We launched our first product in June. We're small, but very experienced. Our customers are programmers and we work hard to earn their trust that our tools will help them write programs that are rock-solid.
Gibraltar is a tool that helps programmers write better programs. It does this by recording information how people actually use their programs including any errors that occur. Gibraltar also sends this information to the programmers and helps them analyze the data so they know what bugs exist and which ones should be fixed first.
Gibraltar has three main parts (Agent, Hub, and Analyst) and we need a diagram that illustrates the relationships among them.
Here's a sample diagram to give an idea of the parts and how they fit together:
(IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE LINK, a copy of the sample diagram is attached)
This diagram will be used on our website:
The diagram must give an identity to each of the three parts and make sense to the programmers themselves and also to the managers who will approve the purchase of Gibraltar.
- A copy of Agent is included with each copy of the programmer's program. The Agent monitors the program and records errors and lots of other useful stuff like which features are being used, how much memory is consumed, details about the computer it's running on such as operating system version.
- All these Agents send data to the Gibraltar Hub. We provide two ways for the Agent to send data (web service or SMTP Email) because this makes it easier to get the data past firewalls.
- The Hub collects data from all those Agents and forwards the data to each programmer on the team.
- Each programmer has their own copy of Gibraltar Analyst. The Analyst provides all kinds of useful charts, graphs and tables to help programmers understand broad patterns occuring across many users. Or, they can drill-in to specific details of a particular program session to pinpoint a problem.
- The Gibraltar Hub is a new product. It is not yet discussed on our web site. This diagram is one of the things we need to prepare for our launch of Gibraltar Hub. The Gibraltar Hub should figure prominently in the diagram.
- The choice of colors must be compatible with our website (http://www.GibraltarSoftware.com)
- The diagram must be legible on a web page at a width of 700px or less.
- Final artwork should be delivered in either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator files.
- The iconic representations for Agent, Hub and Analyst must be able to be used seperately from the diagram.