One digital asset in JPG or PNG format
Dimensions – The entire document should fit on A4 paper size, portrait.
Dimensions notes – We intend to cut up the same creative in order to fit into a square as opposed to the A4 triangle rectangle. To achieve this we are have included a footer that will appear in A4 dimensions but be removed in the square version. Therefore in terms of dimensions, once the footer is removed, the remainder of the creative must be a square. This will dictate how big the footer is.
See sketch included in brief for approximate layout and inspiration board
Create a poster for a play. The poster will feature on the Theatre’s website http://www.blueorangetheatre.co.uk/, on flyers and on the front page of the program.
Look and Feel
Caricature, Pantomime, Fun, Celebration
1) Hero holding a cup trophy in one hand, the other fist clenched in celebration. The hero is happy and celebrating
2) The trophy should have the hashtag #BBCC on it somewhere and have blue ribbons
3) The Hero in the play is a hairdresser. We want to nod to this by having scissors and a comb prominently displayed in his top pocket
4) The Hero should be wearing a fur coat (see inspiration board) and royal blue t-shirt. The coat will need to reveal the top pocket with scissors and comb - the Hero can look bedraggled from celebrations if necessary
5) The Hero is based upon a real-life character (see inspiration board) but in the play the character is infantile and represented as a toddler. The Hero should therefore have a resemblance to the person in the inspiration board but more of an infantile caricature.
6) The background should be white with white
7) The title (“Birmingham Blues”) should be in royal blue using a free font
8) The sub-title (“Carson’s Cup”) should sit immediately below the main title also royal blue
1) The footer should be sized so that the remainder of the image is a square
2) The footer background should be royal blue with white text.
3) The footer should contain the following information
Based on a Blue Story (large, bold)
Show 16th/17th January, 2015 (large, bold)
Tickets - £10 (small)
Blue Orange Theatre, Birmingham (small)
You are welcome to vary the sizes and fonts as you wish, the above is an indication of what should feature most prominently.