We need a design for our Marquee that will be printed. We've been working out of a boring old black marquee and it's time for us to supercharge our donut stand.
Some requirements for the marquee design:
1. Eye-catching - I want people to look at our Marquee and think "Wow!"
2. Must get kids' attention (When kid's see our donuts, they go crazy)
3. But must also feel premium for weddings and private events (We don't want people to think "Gosh, I wouldn't want that at our wedding")
4. I don't want to look like just another carnival donut stand (same reason as 3)
5. It must be relatively light in colour. As much use of white and light colours as possible, without being boring. That doesn't mean don't use colour. The objective here is to be able to let natural light illuminate the stand during the day. We currently have a black marquee and it is dark inside. And the darkness and dynamic range make it awful to photograph. Let's fix it together!
6. The roof of the marquee is as important as the sides because it is the only way for people so spot us from above the crowdline. It shouldn't be overdone, but would be good if you could see our name / logo and that we do "Gourmet Mini Donuts"
What needs to be designed:
- 4 sides of the Marquee Roof
- 3 Marquee Walls External Designs (Left, Back, Right)
- 3 Marquee Walls Internal Designs (Left, Back, Right)
- 2 Marquee Half Walls Internal Designs (Front, Left/Right)
- 1 Marquee Half Wall Internal Design (Left/Right)
Each wall or roof side doesn't necessarily need to be individually designed, you can potentially just reuse designs (i.e. left external and right external could be the same design). I will leave the creativity up to you.
- I have attached a PDF which is the artwork file from the Marquee company which has the dimensions needed. It is openable in Adobe Illustrator
- I have also attached the design specifications document that must be adhered to. Page 2 is the important part. Colours must be CMYK
NOTE: We will print it in the PVC. If you can also make use of standard PVC colours (as per artwork file) for backgrounds (where the whole background is not white), then please keep that in mind.
The current font for the words "Gourmet Mini Donuts" in our logo is 'Menlo'. I have no idea what font was used for the word "Dip'd".
**Creativity Bonus** - If you think you have a better font in mind dor the "Gourmet Mini Donuts", feel free to test it out. I'm agnostic to this font.
**Another Creativity Bonus** - You have got 3 versions of my logo, 1 with just the actual "Dip'd", 1 with "Dip'd" and the words "Gourmet Mini Donuts", and the 3rd with little donuts encircling the logos. I made the 2nd and 3rd myself, so if you want to try do them better for the Marquee, I'm happy for you to do it. And I also don't mind if you change the blue within the logo itself to something more fitting of your design. As long as it stays some variant of blue.
**Social Media Bonus** - If you can incorporate it nicely, both our facebook and instagram names are @dipdaus
Also, feel free to use our instagram to see more about us and get inspiration
- I will attach photos of our donuts. It would be cool if we maybe had these as sketched patterns within the design itself. Not a requirement, but would be nice. I've included images of "St Gerrys" designs as an example. They sell loukomades and waffle sticks.
- I have attached a design I made (Yes, I know it's crap ... I'm not a designer!) for our donut cart. The blue on the front looks kind of nice, but isn't absolutely necessary.
- I have attached photos of 2 marquee designs I like (St Gerrys & Waffles). The waffle one looks cool, but is too dark. St Gerrys one looks really good.