I've attached some headers that have elements that I like.
1. Shoes off Please: I like this color palette, especially the flowers. The palette could translate to food. The font is too girly; to work in something BIG BLACK AND BOLD with elements of gold or yellow (to contrast the femininity of the palette) would be cool to see
2. Black Dog: I don't like the lonely line over on the left, but i like the simple line drawing.
3. Bemuze: I LOVE this header. The pieces/rough facets that make up 'bemuze,' the contrasting font hanging on wires tied in with an ampersand that looks similar in style to the bemuze. I like this direction but would love to see it colorful (the facets filled in in bold saturated colors) if there were no drawn elements to it (which i don't think this needs)
4. Food Groups: This doesn't look corporate, it looks messy, which i like. My kitchen gets torn apart in the process of cooking. My name is apronless because i don't wear an apron when i cook. I get dirty.
5. Twisted: I like that this has text and hand drawn elements. I DON'T like the curlicues, I don't go for cupcakes in my headers, and i don't want a banner underneath like that. The example of this one is set-up with text and hand drawn elements.
6. Thing of Beauty: A bit too delicate for me, but I like the unexpected color here. The font is the graphic but there is another element to it in the fill and positioning.
I'm on twitter @apronless. I'm loud. I swear. I write in capitals a lot. Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't. But there you go.