Design imagery unlocked of the Rolling Calf (attached file) is inspiring to the brand owners.
The target consumer is predominantly male (although not exclusive) aged, 21 – 30, living in highly populate urban cities . They have a lot of choice, and currently drink Sailor Jerry, and Fireball.
The personality of the brand has to fit the Black Magic territory that is under assessment. This leverages the brand to be treated with great respect, and maturity by potential consumers
The company is a start up organisation , and we want the design to inspire consumers to change their habits at the liquor stores. Our design is more important than our communication at this early point, as our advertising funds are limited.
Some mandatories to consider.
- Current spiced rum designs are all brown and leverage the same spiced ingredient (Vanilla). This brand owner would like to leverage different colour semiotics to support GINGER being the primary spice ingredients
- The design has be socially responsible, and not appeal to younger consumers (eg cartoon imagery)
- The design cannot be seen as medicinal, or indeed too reminiscent of a voodoo spell bottle. We want the story on the back label to add colour to a stunning design on the front label
- Despite the Jamaican heritage, the brand owners do not want to see stereotypical and potentially offensive Jamaican imagery on the bottle
- The communication around ABV or proof cannot be deemed as a selling feature
Some creative freedom for the designer to consider
- The brand name is open to creativity. It does not have to be Obeah
- The brand owners want this brand to be as cool and authentic as Sailor Jerry, and design will be the primary driver of consumer communication
- Create a new bottle design that is easily blown and filled at production.
- We want the designer to have fun and explore a mature theme around Obeah or Rolling Calf to demonstrate a maturity and seriousness to the category