Leading construction co. needs a new business card, letterhead and 4-page brochure based on existing logo & color scheme.
Work with the existing logo and the dark blue/light blue/white color scheme - feel free to use light gray to work with these colors if you need a 4th.
We had somewhat of a newbie designer working on these, but I didn't really like what she was doing, and the fact that I had to babysit her to make sure she could even aling the text perfectly, etc. Funny, but true. I've created a rar file with the company logo, plus the almost-finished business card (I want you to create one from scratch though) and a draft brochure. It's available here:
For the business card, pretty much go with the content she's had on there: two-sided, with the logo and all the contact info on the front, and the logo and 'COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL.. etc' on the back. Once again, you're only using these to get a general idea as to what has to be on there (it's better to have something to look at than just words), but the layout, design, etc are 100% up to you.
For the brochure, we need something with 4 pages like the draft - the front cover, two inside pages and the back cover. Definitely want some large photos of our work all over the place, but not too many. Perhaps 1-3 large ones (i.e. highrises) on the front page, a few houses inside, etc. One of the pages needs to have a color chart. Don't worry about the specifics: i.e. text, photos of our work (just use ones off our site), colors for the color chart, etc. It's easy to put those in later - for now, let's focus on the design.
So finally, speaking of which, the design should be very clean, simple and extremely professional. We're one of the leaders in our industry here in Toronto and our literature should convey just that. So simple, but hard-hitting.
That's about it for now, please feel free to ask any questions. Oh and there'll be tons of future work available to whoever wins this: more print media, website re-design next year, print ads, etc.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
- the work has to be AMAZING, period. If that's not the first word that pops into my head when I see it, I probably won't use it. These cards, brochures, etc will be given to senior managers and CEOs of companies that do tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in business, so they have to look GREAT.
- clean, professional, hard-hitting design fit for an industry leader.
- maintain existing color scheme of dark blue/light blue/white (and possibly light gray).
- Happy-go-lucky graphics: this is a professional construction firm, and our graphics should convey that.
- At the same time, keep in mind that professional doesn't equal boring and really uptight-looking. :)
- Messy, overly complex designs: simple is beautiful! Keep it clean, powerful and to the point.
- Introduction of out-of-place colors into our scheme: please stick with dark blue/light blue/white. If you really think that an additional completely different color would look good, give it a shot (not recommended, but if you're 100% sure it'd look awesome, try it), but please don't go nuts with a completely different scheme, dark backgrounds, etc.