The inspiration of this tattoo is a song I wrote a few years ago. The line that this is referencing is "I am an ocean too wide to cross in your simple ships." Here's a link if you'd like to have a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08npetN-bYM
LOOK & FEEL
- Vivid, colorful and photo-realistic
- The top 1/3 of the tattoo (shoulder) should be above the water. The sun is going down and there is small boat is on the water, with a storm approaching off in the distance.
-The bottom 2/3s should be below water, featuring some of the dangers and mystery lurking below the surface.
ELEMENTS TO TRY
- Sharks (white and/or hammerheads)
- Octopus or just octopus tentacles
- Shipwreck (maybe just the silhouette off in the distance)
- Open to your own suggestions
- Open to non-predators as well like a turtle, jellyfish or a manta-ray
- Maybe some coral near the wrist
- Bright blue
- Deep blue
- Sunset colors (yellow, orange, pink and purple)
- I want to make sure the design is balanced. Avoid making the entire lower part all blue. Find interesting ways to break this portion up with other colors. Thanks everyone! Good luck!