GoldenLeftovers had een nieuw gecodeerde website ontwerp nodig en lanceerde daarom een wedstrijd op 99designs.
Een winnaar werd gekozen uit17 ontwerpen ingezonden door6 freelance designers.
The new name is SiteRankRatings.com (incase you didn't read the posting earlier today...I had to change the name due to Google's copyright of PageRank). The site is going to be a dedicated to rating websites. Will pay $350 for uncoded design.
Page Rank Ratings
Desired Color Scheme:
open to suggestions
I like the look of the web 2.0 sites. I am open to suggestions
Accepted File Formats:
.psd - let me know if you work in other formats
A website homepage is needed, as well as possible concept for sub-pages.
Coded Homepage - $500
Uncoded - $350
$100-$125 per page(sub-pages)afterwards if the designer chooses to continue.
I like the site GameSpot.com as a reference to the type of layout I am looking for - I am open to the design suggestions.
Also, I want to keep the design user friendly and not jumbled. Also, keep it Search Engine friendly.
Pages of site:
6.Submit a Website suggestion
-There should be a top right navigation on the site and a bottom navigation that consist of:
-I am basing the following on the GameSpot layout...
Homepage: I am open to your design suggestions. FOR THE LOGO, JUST USE A TEXT-BASED LOGO
1.In the center of the Gamespot page there are 5 images lines up, each for a different game. Instead of this I would want each one to be a link to: PR3, PR4, PR5, PR6, PR7+ pages. (Would there be a way to include categories entertainment, sports, political, Educational and science into these sections (there might be a few added to this list eventually - or would this lead to there eventually being category specific pages instead of the Page Rank pages?)
2.On the bottom of the homepage where it has the now shipping, coming soon...I would want each one to be a top 5 box - 1 for lowest rated websites on the entire site, 1 for top 5 from the previous month, and 1 for \\\"Quick Picks\\\"(websites that were submitted into the site that I selected to feature) - EACH BOX SHOULD HAVE A LINK TO THE WEBSITES THAT ARE IN THE TOP 5 AND INSTEAD OF THE PRICE OR DATE, IT SHOULD SHOW THE PAGE RANK NUMBER.
3. Towards the top of the page, above the section with the 5 lined up game images...I would want a Top 5-10 section with room for a thumbnail image of the site, the name and its page rank number. - This is sort of the featured section.
4. The other section with the big image, also above the lined up game images, could be for information about the site.
5. There should be a small box for a link to the \\\"submit a website\\\" page.
6. The right side of the page with all of the big images, could be there for advertising.
7. On the left side should be the navigation with room underneath for more advertising.
8. Include the search bar, so users can eventually search for pr# websites or industry specific websites.
-Sub-pages (for the designer, if he wants to continue): this would be for pages like the PR4 page(the different page rank pages will all have the same layout) and \\\"sumbit a website\\\" page - I am fully open to suggestions for this page.
1. I need a way to have a small thumbnail of a website, with the name next to it, its PR#, what category website(entertainment, political, technology...) and with a rating bar that users can use to rate the site for the following: Navigation, Design, Content - which would lead to an overall score for the site. (similar to IMDB.com and there star rating, i would want it out of 10)
2. I would want each sites rating section to be laid out one on top of the other. ( have that image thumbnail of the site actually link to the site, so users can easily view the site and click back to submit their rating.)
\\\"Submit A Website\\\" page
1.Just need a submit page that a person can submit a URL of a site that should be added to PageRankRating.com
Please let me know if you have any questions...I have a great idea for what I am looking for in my head, and I will try to find examples for everyone if something gets confusing. If there is a way to simplify certain things that I mention, then I am all for it. There is a current review site design contest going on right now that has a similar idea but for software if anyone wants any other references to this sort of website.
I will extend the contest if needed.