Small Business Marketing Best Practices (http://www.MarketingBestPractices.com)
We provide educational articles, videos, reports, and forums about small business marketing.
We will be the #1 site for educating small business professionals on how to market their businesses both online and offline.
We want our site to look professional and VERY Web 2.0!
This site will focus on 3 things: (1) community through our forum, (2) spotlight our authors, and (3)
Small business owners, independent professionals like realtors, mortgage brokers, insurance agents, chiropractors etc.
These people like low cost marketing ideas that bring them customers.
1. Most of all, we want a clean "WEB 2.0" looking website. (soft colors, gradients, reflections, rounded corners, shadows, rounded font typefaces, icons, etc.)
2. See the mock up for our navigation.
3. I've worked on the mock up (i'm obviously no graphic artist) and like what I've done, BUT maybe you can show me a different design that I'll like a lot better.
4. The icons I used in the mock up were copies from http://www.Iconshock.com I don't own those icons. I just did a screen shot of them to create the mock up.
5. I want to give emphasis to the discussion forum and the authors of our articles. I want our members to participate in the forum and I want our guest authors to get a lot of publicity so they feel motivated to write more articles for us.
6. I don't have a logo. I wish I did but while doing the mock up, I don't where I 'd put the logo even if I had one.
7. Attached is a graphic that shows the header of box that I really like.
8. Finally, I'm hoping that you can take my mock up and give me something more unique and powerful that is very very WEB 2.0 looking.
(see requirements above and look at my mock up)
2. Sites that have color schemes and web 2.0 design elements that I like are...
http://themanicmarketer.com/ (I like the header area and the colors he uses in his website title)
3. I used MarketingProfs.com as my foundation inspiration. But I still think that site looks boring.
4. I need a footer area. I like the "top 5 experts" area on the footer at http://www.producersweb.com