Brolly Sheets Ltd
Hi designers. I can't wait to see what you can do with mattress protectors!!!
Brolly Sheets is an online store that sells waterproof bedding to the child, senior and disability markets. We sell our products mainly in Australia and New Zealand, although we now have a duplicate UK site. We specialise in waterproof bedding for young and old that is cotton topped, looks great and is easy to care for. We believe that protective bedding can look and feel great and still work. We want to give our customers a healthy nights sleep with peace of mind.
Our site is several years old and so we are looking to refresh and revitalise it.
I'm not looking for a cookie-cutter "online retail website". All of our competitor products are quite sterile and hospital looking - and this has been the nature of waterproof products before we came along. I want this difference reflected in our design.
Our aim over the next few years is to triple our sales and as our website is our ‘shop front” it needs some wow factor.
We are looking at a brand new site in 2012, but meanwhile we want a design that will fit with our existing “template” style site. My programmer needs to implement the new design without changing the technical structure to the page. So we can change colours, move the layout around plus we want to add wallpaper.
At present the majority of our customers coming to our site are parents of toilet training children. We are trying to grow the senior and disability markets, hence we do not to appear “too childlike” with lots of images of children. So it is important to appeal to all three markets.
• Professional website emphasizing quality and trust
• The website should appear simple and efficient
• I want a one-page concept for our new homepage. Ideally a similar styled page could be used for sub-pages, but we are initially looking for a great front page.
• I have a logo that makes strong use of turquoise. I'd like to continue using this, as it presents our brand strongly, but the overall treatment of the page should be light.
• Our tag line is “Take the hassle out of a wet bed”.
• Most competitor sites are quite sterile and hospital looking. Wet beds aren’t fun for anyone, but like a Brolly Sheet – we can still make a stylish product that works.
• On the home page we want space for a “feature product” so we can update with new products on a regular basis.
• I would like a wallpaper that appears each side of the page – see example website for Whippersnapper. The wallpaper could be rain drops, umbreallas or any sort of pattern that fits with the design.
• Once a design is picked we would ideally like a style guide for the text headings. There will be 4 header options decreasing in emphasis, size and colours.
• Left and top menus to have the same content.
• Footer details to retain the same content
• Anything else can change
• Links to our social media? Or to us showing products on You Tube? Not sure if these are good ideas or not to have on a home page?
http://www.whippersnapper.co.nz : I like the wallpaper and the fact the darker blue of the heading goes across the whole page, plus the buttons (home, shop, your questions etc) are not separate buttons but one long strip. It looks very clean and easy to use. So just the wallpaper and headings on this site are good examples, not the content.
http://www.wallacecotton.com – clean
http://www.vanillacupcake.co.nz – Fun, funky great colours