Cinx is a new website created by Harrison Publishing that will bring together their partners and customers to utlize their data warehouse and huge product inventory database for the contracting industry. The first project, of many to come, is geared towards establishing the site's identity and also its first sophisticated data mapping tool.
We need a clean, professional, easy to read and easy to navigate site design. In particular anyone with experience with information architecture and creating excellent workflow or wizard style screen layouts would be great. Many of these screens, and in particular the Flex tool being created for this site, will need to present, navigate and manipulate HUGE amounts of data. So, keeping it simple as much as possible will be key.
We are free to use the latest AJAX and Flex technologies to implement the best design. So, if you can envision something that would be a great style and in particular a great data navigation workflow; we can build it.
Here are key elements that must be designed:
- a header/logo and footer area have been created but you can submit designs for these elements as well.
- a tree component that will be created in Flex that must integrate the same styling as the rest of the site
- a drag and drop grid where 2 columns will be presented and elements can be dragged from one column and dropped on the other
This is for small and large sized electrical and mechanical contractors in the US.
- AI source for all designs
- Web saavy design with an eye to creating elements that can represented well with CSS (fonts,images,background,div-based)
- AI or FLA design assets for the Flex tool that is being created. Must be CS3 compatible AI or FLA
- JPG or PNG files where appropriate