WVLS \ Wisconsin Valley Library Service
The purpose of the Wisconsin Valley Library Service is to provide, through cooperative efforts, improved library services to individual residents of the system area. The WVLS Board encourages planning and development of programs with other types of libraries in the area to assure effective use of all area library resources. This includes improvement of library services through development of interlibrary loan and reference referrals, in-service training programs and professional advisory services, increased cooperation between all types of libraries in the system, maximum use of library resources of the area, and access to the total library resources of the state.
Primary - Member library administrative staff and other staff.
Secondary - WVLS and member library trustees. Friends organization board members.
Tertiary - Other Wisconsin systems. Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Staff. Out of state libraries. Out of State Systems. National and state level library affiliated organizations\associations.
Basic Design Requirements:
* Web standard fonts must be used on everything except for headings used consistently across all pages. (See http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/…Fonts.html for more info on web fonts).
* No “smooth, crisp, strong” or any font variations besides regular.
* All gradients must terminate within the canvas.
* All gradients must not be flattened/rasterized.
* All layer effects must remain unflattened/non-rasterized.
* Minimize need for scrolling, utilize contemporary widescreen dimensions.
For more information and in-depth requirements, please see attached design brief document.
Also attached are the brand guidelines, which covers the logo and color palette which are to be used, and a very basic example wireframe for the main page layout.
The example layout is included as exactly that -- an example -- so please use it only as a starting point and do not let it hinder the creative process.
The page design will serve as a standard template to be used throughout the entire site.