Front page: an eye-catching, slick, fun, tactile design! The goal is to provide info on the event, provide social media links, and provide links to pre-register and sign up as a sponsor/exhibitor.
Please see attached Sample Web Design file. I like this layout. HOWEVER: just because I like something doesn't mean you need to copy it exactly. Use your creativity!
Logo: Please use the attached logo. I like how, on the sample web design, the logo is on what looks like a fabric swatch. So, to have the logo on a little backdrop is a cool idea.
Make sure you add the tagline: Come one! Come all! Come play with your food!
Top Tabs: About, Event Updates, FAQs, Sponsors/Exhibitors, Contact
Social Media buttons: Facebook, Twitter, Google+
1. Top moving placards for event announcements
2. Welcome: Event description
3. Sponsors, Exhibitors and Advertisers: invitation to be a part of the event
Welcome message and Sponsor section can be side-by-side as opposed to one on top of the other.
1. Pre-register button: see http://expoeast.com for example of "Register" button
2. "Likes" for Cans! For every Facebook Like, we will donate a can to the Capital Area Food Bank! (Facebook Like box underneath)
3. Email opt-in
Internal page: I'm looking for suggestions for the design on the general internal content pages. I don't think it needs to stray too far from the homepage. Not sure if there is one or two neat things that could be done on internal pages from an imagery standpoint.
Navigation should be VERY simple on this website.