We are drawn to websites with simple colors, minimal and flat UI with a fresh feel – with soft or futuristic sans serif fonts and responsive design. The winning design will balance three things well:
1) Professional - while new, the Lupulin Exchange is a legitimate business. The website is very well designed and our online market place looks like an institution which our visitors can trust
2) Functional - we want the site to do one thing and do it well. Facilitate the exchange of hops - specifically to allow brewers to quickly find hops to buy or easily sell hops.
3) Visually appealing – we want our website to look cool. We want to breathe a bit of life into a slightly boring industry
The lupulin exchange is really only a single search page (the front page). That is an oversimplification but I would like to minimize clutter – there is no shopping cart, there are a minimal of top level menu items, etc.
I have attached our logo as a starting point. We like the following ideas (in no particular order):
* Traditional stock market imagery – ticker symbols, stock candlestick charts, green arrows = gains, etc (google images “stock market”)
* A crowd of traders clamoring on the stock exchange floor for hops