Here are some important notes regarding the LANDING / FRONT PAGE:
- No navigation should be present on the visible part of the landing page
- Logo always has to go to the top left corner (something basic)
- Landing page should have one strong element on it. Do not overload it. Use the full resolution
- Visual on the page should not look directly at the user but at the call to action form/button
- Put in place a equal number of "Random Members" (call it what you want) but it should be in blocks of equals so, 3x3, 4x4 etc.
-Concentrate on only a Quick Registration form rather than a Login form. A small section for Existing Users can apply somewhere
- Registration form works better on the left hand side of the page
- “Register for free”, “Register now”, “Continue” are good phrases for registration button
- Green buttons usually work best when using Buttons for Applying things
- Labels on the form should be aligned for the width
- Facebook Connect also support so include it as a option when Registering
- Trust Stamps are required like "SSL by XXX" Stamp and "Award Winning" Stamp, "100% Satisfaction" Stamp and so forth - will be replaced with the proper logos once going live.
- Include the South African flag somewhere near registration or "Members" - very small (we target South Africa)
- Use Bullet Points for features if you want
- Include "Live Support" somewhere, even if its in the footer
The SECOND page will be for targeting actual cities and will need to include similar open, minimal designs but with a few more text areas and possible even a "highlight" of the South African map concentrating on that area as a display so for example:
If page is for "Dating in Johannesburg" then a zoomed in version of Johannesburg on the South African map should appear, probably on the left or right with text elsewhere. Same would apply for other Major Cities like Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth etc but this would be page specific.