This contest is for the front page design of our new website. This website will provide people with valuable and interesting articles and guides for MMO games. Particularly for the game World of Warcraft. It will be a web2.0 style community website with lots of interaction going on (forums, comments, and user submitted guides). The main focus of the visitor, however, should remain on the CONTENT.
We need a design that will make our guides and articles stand out from the other sites. We want to become the authority for World of Warcraft information. Whenever people want to learn something about the game they will immediately visit our website before any other place. I want the visitors to easily find the content they're looking for and at the same time they should enjoy the feeling they get while visiting.
- I want the content to be easy to read and find.
- The site should feel alive with interaction. You can achieve this with 'Quick Links' of Recent Comments or Recent Forum Posts or Displaying the number of users currently online. I leave this up to you.
- There should be a place to login/register.
- RSS Feed
- 1-2 Banner locations (Google Sizes only)
- 1 Newsletter Optin Box (Name and Email)
- http://www.curse.com - One of the most popular authority web2.0 sites for the game. Good feeling of interaction here. They focus more on addons (programs for the game) rather than guides though.
- http://www.wowinsider.com/ - This site is the closest thing I can find to the kind of content I will be posting. There's a lot of Quick Links around this site linking to other articles which is good because it keeps visitors on the site longer.
- http://www.worldofraids.com - Another site similar to the kind of content I will be posting. Though, their content is more like news and my content will be more like informative guides and articles with images, like on wowinsider.
- The colors can be light or dark. As long as it looks good and the content is easy to read then you can make it any color you want.
- Logo is a bonus
- I don't want something with too many cartoony graphics and a dozen different colors.
- I don't want content to be all over the place. Make sure it's easy for the visitor to find what he's looking for and make sure the important stuff stands out.
- I don't want something too artistic or out of control. Remember the purpose of the site.