USME.com - "Its us, its me, use me" (initially http://www.usme.com.au)
Its "Use-me" or "Usme" but either way its a call to action for "us" and "me" to "usme".
SME stands for "Small - Medium - Enterprise" and we're building a new site that offers some great online services for this hard working and dedicated backbone to our economy starting with travel information. To begin, we need a Wordpress based blog or community web site as the essential first step.
I know you've heard it before.... but all being well, the sucessfull designer will see his or her creation as the core to a happy and fresh portal that encourages people who have a small business (or want one to start one) to interact, possibly transact and even hang-out with like minded people..... in fact, people like you.
Unlike the corporate world, our site and identity is about you, people like you who create these great designs as a business. Come and share some knowledge, listen, watch and read about others and their travel experience. Tell others about it.
We start with the consumer or one that is thinking of starting a business or "Joe the plumber" and his hard working office assistant (wife and or partner) that do the work or look after what needs doing. You connect with http://www.usme.com.au, we “know” & support you because we know what you’re going through & what you might need.
You're interested in sharing knowledge and information about travel to start with but also anything about small business and the issues. Feel free to tell us what you like or don't like, unload, take a weight off your mind and see if we can help.
Business grows & now you employ a few people, have an office & need to get more support but we're still there with you helping out in a fresh and happy way. Our site is available for you but we’re not corporate & still a part of you.. we like to think we’ve been there ourselves. Some of your staff have now registered as well, we’re giving you what you need as simple or as sophisticated as you need it.
We need a Wordpress compatible web page theme supporting community, blogs and social networking for consumers and small business owners.
- Use logo art attached for branding.
- We like “mimosa yellow” as a wash or background but we’re open to other variants. See other attachment for example of usme.com on yellow background.
- Soft red/charcoal or blue accents or highlights are the preferred partners.
- Excessive corporate or cyan blue is no-go and so is overwhelming red.
- Needs to work with current contemporary best practice design, soft, white space, clean, simple.
- Needs to be elegant and lasting rather than cutting edge and hip, with allowance for ongoing evolution.
- Open to suggested accompanying supporting devices like housing the "m" people in a plane.
- Suggest 940x wide, left 2/3 and right 1/3 vertical split with banner, then top menu and possible community strip below that. Feature rolling blog format but also have integrated Twitter, Facebook live feed's, possible YouTube channel. Also RSS, Add This and a ongoing poll function somewhere.
- Key starting menu items are About Us | We Say | Your Say | Contests | Services. Banner should have (preferably in top right) link to site search, register/sign in, your account
Ultimately, it must be inviting, welcoming and happy without being frivolous or too hip.