* This is a guaranteed contest *
We're building a web-based project planning and management system with a strong Web 2.0 look & feel.
The software is based on a brand new Project Management (PM) Methodology, called the GO method, which uses traffic lights as simple indicators of the status at different levels of the program and project plan.
We are aiming to create a clean, professional, user friendly app that makes users eyebrows go up, not down :)
There are two main groups - traditional, experienced PM operators as single users, and online/remote groups who may be less experienced with PM.
Therefore we want to make the look and feel of the site as simple as possible, but friendly enough to entice novice users to keep using it.
The styles of the 37signals guys are a good place to start...
For this contest, we need a PNG file for 2 pages.
- Dashboard Page (page that displays when a user first logs in)
- Standard Page
The standard page design will be used as a template for all other pages in the system.
Standard across both designs will be 2 TOP menu bars. Primary menu:
- My Goals
- My Outcomes
- My Outputs
- My Activities
- My Risks
- My Communications
And secondary menu (smaller & above the primary menu):
- My Account
- Quick Links
Features on the Dashboard:
- A distinct "Bulletin Board" area with a small video thumbnail and a tutorial/help message
- A list of goal/plan names
- An "Overview" area that shows the project status of each goal, using traffic light icons, along with links to the remaining todo items for that goal
- An "Inbox" area that says "You have (11) new activities" and "You have (22) new stakeholders"
Features on the Standard Page:
- See http://www.planna.com/images/NewCSS.jpg for content .. everything can be resized and moved and colors can be changed (our original logo can be seen at http://www.planna.com
The tone of this design should be SIMPLE – CLEAN – STRUCTURED – PROFESSIONAL. We'll be using AJAX to enhance usability. Please keep that in mind if it means anything to you.
Thanks for submitting .. we'll provide good feedback to make sure we get this right!
To make it clear, we want:
- A very web 2.0 feel .. white space, clean, crisp, big buttons, very user friendly
- Should be extremely pleasing to the eye
- Logo & menus will be standard at the top of both designs
- Color scheme is up to you, but it must complement our logo (predominant color is green)
- Standard page must be "flexible" .. it will be used as a template for 50-60 other pages that have varying content
- See description above for required features
- Most importantly .. it has to make the user say "OOOOOO!" (in a good way)
We don't want:
- A very busy site with everything crammed together
- Anything that looks like it came from the year 2004 or earlier