Soladii is a new startup (http://www.soladii.com), which is dedicated to creating a new type of web experience for elderly which may not have any internet experience and/or poor vision.
Our web pages provides a community for elderly to connect with their family and friends via various services through a deceptively simple user experience.
The service will only be available to use via a facebook login.
We're based in San Diego, and we appreciate original ideas and submissions. We love a great typeface design, but we're on a budget so fonts used must be free.
Vertel ons iets meer over jezelf en de mensen die je bereikt
Our service is targeting two different audiences:
1. Family and friends that have internet experience (normal users), who can create and setup accounts for the others to use. This should be reflected in the home page. I call these "admin users". The home page should include call to actions for these users.
2. Once someone has created an account, the other target (which is our MAIN target in this competition), is an elderly family member with little to no computer or internet experience, or anyone with poor vision. I call these "end users". The home page should facilitate easy login for these users, and the second photo album page should be dedicated to serving this type of users.
However, we want the design to be useful by anyone, which means even regular users could use it just because it's simple and beautiful.
The primary goal of Soladii is to make it abundantly easy to read, see and enjoy shared content with a minimum of clutter or confusing graphics and text. Site should be 'beautiful' when viewing photo album. End users should never be confused as to what they are doing. End users should also have as few options as possible for clicking away from the slideshow page.
We require that all texts are large and easily readable.
For a type 1 audience (admin users), a use case would be:
1. Homepage: Signup for new account
2. Enter basic information of other user in a form (type 2 user)
3. Create new account and invite type 2 user via e-mail.
For the type 2 audience (end users), a use case would be:
1. Homepage: Login via facebook -> go to the second designed page
2. Select a friend from a list of friends (potentially large list)
3. Select a photo album from the friend's list of photo albums (potentially large list)
4. The photo's in the album starts playing in a slideshow automatically, and are shown via thumbnails. (potentially large list)
5. User has the option to see extra photo information if needed (mouse over image, or next to image), including title and notes.
- Prefer layouts with flexible width, but should look OK down to 1024x768, and great on 1200x800 or larger.
- Fonts used should be free. Extra credit if the font used is standard browser font (and looks great)
- Logo and navigation. We are thinking the two 'i''s in Soladii could be two people holding hands? We like clever negative-space logo's.
- Same on all pages
- Large facebook logo for login. This must be prominent and easy to see.
- Call-to-action (sign up), clearly separated from the login.
- Footer with links (small font OK): About, Contact
- Must contain a way for user to select a Friend and an Album in the easiest way possible.
- Slideshow will auto-play, but must have previous and next functionality and thumbnails for photos. Mouseover thumb should be highlighted.
- Friends and albums may or may not have thumbnails available, please show design that includes some with and without.
- The slideshow must look beautiful on the page. Photo's should be shown as large as possible.
- It must be clear which friend, and which album is currently selected.
- Photo's may have titles and notes attached. Title must be shown, possible on mouseover only. Notes may be shown if/when space allows (for flexible layouts).
- Users should have a way to add notes to photo's